Find a Training
safeTALK Workshop (KPU Surrey Campus: OPEN TO PUBLIC)
safeTALK Training - English
LivingWorks safeTALK is a four-hour face-to-face workshop where you'll learn how to prevent suicide by recognizing signs, engaging someone, and connecting them to an intervention resource for further support. Training is available for anyone who is 15 years or older.
LivingWorks safeTALK trainees learn to recognize when someone is thinking about suicide and connect them to an intervention provider, such as a LivingWorks ASIST trainee. In this way, LivingWorks safeTALK trainees build a safety network around these intervention providers and greatly increase their reach and impact.
Like all of LivingWorks' core programs, LivingWorks safeTALK is evidence-based. Here's what over 15 peer-reviewed reports and government studies on LivingWorks safeTALK found:
- Improves trainee skills and readiness
- Safe for trainees, with no adverse effects from training
- Effective for participants as young as 15 years old
- Helps break down suicide stigma in the community
- Better skill retention compared to other connector programs
Limited seats are available.
*e-transfers and cheques are accepted at this time*
Parking at KPU
- Parking is available on all KPU campuses. The cost is $5.00. *map of campus will be provided upon registration for classroom details
- Saturday November 26th, 2022
- 9:30am - 1:00pm
- 12666 72 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- $75.00 (GST Incl.)
- Registration Deadline
- Wednesday November 23rd, 2022
- Ashna Kumar