Find a Training
A 2-Day ASIST
ASIST 11 Workshop English - 2 Day
A 2-day ASIST training at the Cheboygan Public Library, 100 South Bailey Street, Cheboygan, MI 49721.
Date/Time: September 21st and 22nd from 8:15-4:30, with BOTH FULL DAYS REQUIRED. **If there times you know you won't be able to give your full attention (scheduled meetings, appointments, etc) perhaps you'll need to look for a later course.
There is a $50 deposit REQUIRED to save your seat. **A full refund will be processed only after attending both full days of training... unless you prefer to pay-it-forward. Though this training is valued at $250, it's supplemented by the following sponsors: Kiersten's Ride, Cheboygan Public Library and Northern Michigan Opioid Response Consortium.
ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop—ASIST can be learned and used by anyone.
During the course of this 2-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
• Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
• Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
• Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
• Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
• Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
All materials and meals will be provided. IF you have specific dietary requirements, please bring your own meals and snacks.
We understand COVID is still a concern. Masks can be worn, but are not required. We also encourage you to consider your own needs so that you are comfortable.
Dress in layers to allow for comfort!
*This training is for anyone 16 years old or older. However, for attendees 16-17 years old, we will ensure a parent/guardian is aware of participation.
**This course is approved by the NASW Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative Course approval for 13.5 hours.
If cancellation is received by Kiersten's Ride via email more than 10 days prior to the start date of the training; the course fee will be refunded, less a $5 non-refundable administration fee.
If cancellation is received by Kiersten's Ride via email within 10 days of the start date of the training NO REFUND will be issued, HOWEVER, credit will be given to be used towards a future course.
NO SHOWS on Day 1 of the training without notification will not receive a refund nor credit towards another training.
- Thursday September 21st, 2023 - Friday September 22nd, 2023
- 8:15am - 4:30pm
- 100 South Bailey Street
Cheboygan, Michigan, USA
- $50.00 There is a $50 Deposit REQUIRED to save your seat. **A full refund will be processed only after attending both full days of training
- Registration Deadline
- Thursday September 14th, 2023
- Lisa Clavier