Find a Training
Canadian First-Aid Training Ltd. / Private groups or individual registrations welcome
ASIST 11 Workshop English - 2 Day
ASIST uses internationally recognized best practices customized to be relevant to students, employees or concerned citizens. Instructors maintain a balance of challenge and safety.
As an Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) trainee, or, ‘suicide first responder’, you will be better able to:
• recognize and assist a person at risk to avoid suicide
• discuss suicide with a person at risk in a direct manner
• demonstrate the skills required to intervene with a person at risk of suicide
• recognize that caregivers and persons at risk are affected by personal and societal attitudes about suicide
• learn about the facts of suicide and dispel the myths
• identify risk alerts and develop a safe plan related to them
• list the types of resources available to a person at risk of suicide
• make a commitment to advocacy, improving community resources and networking
• recognize that suicide prevention is broader than suicide intervention and, includes life promotion and self-care for persons at risk and for caregivers.
Two instructors certified by LivingWorks will facilitate the training. Both instructors are trained to provide assistance and support if any participants are struggling with the subject of suicide in the training.
- Thursday February 23rd, 2023 - Friday February 24th, 2023
- 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Unit B – 390 Provencher Blvd.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Amy Peters