Find a Training
ASIST 11 Workshop - Western University
ASIST 11 Workshop English - 2 Day
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day
interactive workshop in suicide first aid. ASIST teaches participants to
recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them
to create a plan that will support their immediate safety.
ASIST requires 15 hours of in-person training for certification. The program runs 8:30am - 4pm both days.
Participants will learn to:
- Understand how personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide individualized guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk
- Identify key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize the importance of life-promotion and self-care
ASIST is founded on the principle that everyone can make a difference in preventing suicide.
- Tuesday November 29th, 2022 - Wednesday November 30th, 2022
- 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Western University
London, Ontario, Canada
- Leslie Gloor Duncan
519-661-2111 ext 85183