Find a Training
Half-day safeTALK Training **CLOSED**
safeTALK Training - English
4-hour safeTALK training at the St. Paul Lutheran Church, 727 S. Second Ave, Alpena, MI 49707.
There is a $25 Deposit REQUIRED to save your seat. **A full refund will be processed only after attending the training (minus a $5.00 processing fee). Though this training is valued at $50, cost is supplemented by the following sponsor: Kiersten's Ride, St. Paul Lutheran Church, and Stephen Ministry.
safeTALK helps participants become alert to suicide. Suicide-alert people are better prepared to connect persons with thoughts of suicide with life-affirming help.
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
• Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts may be present,
• Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked,
• Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide,
• Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, KeepSafe, and
• Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further suicide-safer help
This training is for anyone 15 years old or older. However, for attendees 15-17 years old, we will ensure a parent/guardian is aware of participation.
- Saturday September 24th, 2022
- 9:30am - 1:30pm
- 727 S. Second Ave
Alpena , Michigan, USA
- $25.00 $25 Deposit REQUIRED to save your seat. **A full refund will be processed only after attending the training (minus a $5.00 processing fee).
- Lisa Clavier