Find a Training
ASIST 11 Workshop English - 2 Day
2-day ASIST training at the Diocese of Gaylord, 611 West North Street, Gaylord, MI, 49735.
Date/Time: June 28th and 29th from 8:15-4:30, with BOTH FULL DAYS REQUIRED. **If there times you know you won't be able to give your full attention (scheduled meetings, appointments, etc) perhaps you'll need to look for a later course.
There is a $50 Deposit REQUIRED to save your seat. **A full refund will be processed only after attending both full days of training (minus a $5 administration fee). Though this training is valued at $250, its supplemented by the following sponsors: Kiersten's Ride and Catholic Human Services.
ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop—ASIST can be learned and used by anyone.
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
• Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
• Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
• Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
• Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
• Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
All materials and meals will be provided. IF you have specific dietary requirements, please bring your own meals and snacks.
Dress in layers to allow for comfort!
*This training is for anyone 16 years old or older. However, for attendees 16-17 years old, we will ensure a parent/guardian is aware of participation.
**This course is approved by the NASW Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative Course approval for 13.5 hours.
If cancellation is received by Kiersten's Ride via email more than 10 days prior to the start date of the training; the course fee will be refunded, less a $5 non-refundable administration fee.
If cancellation is received by Kiersten's Ride via email within 10 days of the start date of the training NO REFUND will be issued, HOWEVER, credit will be given to be used towards a future course.
NO SHOWS on Day 1 of the training without notification will not receive a refund nor credit towards another training.
- Tuesday June 28th, 2022 - Wednesday June 29th, 2022
- 8:15am - 4:30pm
- 611 West North Street
Gaylord , Michigan, USA
- $50.00 There is a $50 Deposit REQUIRED to save your seat. **A full refund will be processed only after attending both full days of training (minus a $5 administration fee).
- Lisa Clavier