Find a Training
safeTALK - open to the community - 1-4 pm
safeTALK Training - English
This is a half day training in suicide alertness. It helps participants recognize a person with thoughts of suicide and connect them with resources who can help them in choosing to live.
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
* Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts may be present,
* Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked,
* Apply the TALK steps, Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
* Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide with self-affirming help.
Registrations must be done through Durham College. Call 905-721-3000 , quote course no. 11759
Fee: $40. for DC students; $50. for alumni and community participants
Payment required at the time of registration.
- Saturday February 6th, 2021
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Durham College, 2000 Simcoe St. N.,
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Registration Deadline
- Friday February 5th, 2021
- Lucia Lee