Find a Training
safeTALK Suicide Alertness Training
safeTALK Training - English
safeTALK: Suicide Alertness for Everyone
What is safeTALK
safeTALK is a half-day training in suicide alertness. It helps participants recognize a person with thoughts of suicide and connect them to an intervention resource for further support. Participants don’t need any formal preparation to attend the training. Anyone age 15 or older who wants to make a difference can learn the safeTALK steps.
How to Register
Contact Mira Ghossein (email below) to register for the workshop. Your spot in the training will only be secured once payment is received.
Preferable payment: e-transfer
Available seats left: 20
A workbook, safeTALK stickers, a safeTALK wallet card, and a certificate of completion will be handed out to all participants. Ensure to bring something to write with (e.g., pencil, pen).
The safety and wellbeing of the participants, while attending the training, are the priorities. Here are the following COVID-19 protocols:
· all participants, including the trainer, must be wearing a mask at all times;
· social distancing (6 feet apart) will be maintained in the training room; and
· participants will go through a screening question and sanitizing their hands before entering the training room.
Suicide is preventable. Anyone can make a difference.
- Saturday April 30th, 2022
- 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Registration Deadline
- Saturday April 23rd, 2022
- Mira Ghossein